Breakfast is often a rushed or boring affair, or is overlooked altogether. So here are a few quick, easy, healthy ideas to help you start the day full of energy.
- Homemade granola. Making the granola takes about 30 mins but it makes loads and it lasts for ages.
- Shredded wheat, Weetabix or sugar free Alpen – high in slow-release carbohydrates.
- Boiled egg and Ryvitas. Eggs are a great source of protein, vitamins and minerals. You can cook the eggs in advance and have a supply at the ready.
- Scrambled eggs on toasted, wholemeal English muffins – add smoked salmon for a decadent touch and to boost your Omega 3 oils.
- Porridge made with rolled oats to keep you full for longer.
- Baked beans on wholemeal toast.
- Kippers – fantastic source of Omega 3 oils.
- Fruit smoothie (although fruit is high in sugar, so be careful of this).
- Vegetable smoothie (although some look like liquidised grass cuttings).
- Avocado on wholemeal toast – as recently made famous by Nigella!
- Peanut butter and banana on wholemeal toast.
How many more can you think of?