Peanut butter is packed full of fat and calories – isn’t that a bad thing? Actually, no.
Assuming that you’re not allergic to peanuts, peanut butter is a brilliant power food. And here’s why:
- An energy punch – The calories in peanuts give you plenty of fuel for your energetic lifestyle.
- Healthy fats (unsaturated) – The good fats in peanuts can reduce your cholesterol and stop fat building up in your arteries, lowering the risk of heart disease.
- Fibre – Peanut butter provides fibre which improves digestive health and can lower the risk of bowel cancer.
- Protein – Peanuts are stuffed full of protein, which your body uses to repair itself.
- Easy! – Peanut butter is convenient and can be used in lots of different ways. Spread it on wholemeal toast, use it is cooking or just grab a spoon and dig in.
- Oh, and peanut butter is delicious!
Aim for a peanut butter which is as close to 100% peanuts as possible. Why not try walnut butter or cashew butter?